’Keep It Clean!’ is a curriculum-aligned, whole school, environmental rap song. It highlights responsibility for protecting our planet and provides students with simple, practical suggestions for caring for the environment.
This engaging, professionally produced song was selected for the ABC’s 2010 SING! publication for Australian schools and is bein gplayed by schools, after recess and lunch as a signal for students to clean up the playground (we call this Pavlovian environmentalism! :-)
Students read, sing & learn along as the curriculum-aligned MP4 son & lyrics video plays, and the images display on your classroom whitebard and/or other technological device.
***Tip: **Start with chorus and actions, and one verse only, for younger students, then gradually add verses.
- Not musical ~ no worries!
- Just download the MP4 song video and play on your whiteboard
- No need to print out lyrics ~ the MP4 is a complete resource
- Stop the video at any time, to discuss/clarify/reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, text type…
This download includes a read, sing & learn along song & lyrics mp4 video.
*** Blog Post:** Curriculum Karaoke™
Our curriculum-aligned songs target learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & integrate classroom learning across key subject areas, making them perfect for:
- Motivating & engaging students
- Introducing new units of work
- Kickstarting discussion
- Summarising, reinforcing and aiding recall of important curriculum content
- Reinfrocing school and life themes & concepts
- Extending literacy
- Assembly & performance items
- Arts integration…
’In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.’ ~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
Pinterest Board: ‘Keep It Clean!’
**Copyright: **Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon/Music: Kathryn Radloff: Keystone Creations ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song & video are for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work, nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
**Keystone Creations **~ Educational Songs
’A Lesson In Every Lyric’®