9 GRADE 9 SAMPLE ESSAYS ON A CHRISTMAS CAROL COVERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- How does Dickens present Scrooge’s fears? (2018 AQA question)
- How is Bob Cratchit presented?
- How is Scrooge presented as an isolated character?
- Explore the importance of the ghosts,
- How does Dickens present Scrooge’s attitude to charity?
- How is Scrooge presented as an outsider to society? (my old version)
- How are places presented in the novel?
- How is Scrooge presented an an outsider to society? (my completely new version)
- Explore the importance of the ghosts in changing Scrooge’s beliefs and attitudes (2019 AQA question).
All 9 responses also include the extract and the question and have been formatted to snugly fit onto one page each to allow for easy cost-effective printing.
Some teachers who try to write grade 9 essays get carried away and produce degree level work that is beyond the expectations of a GCSE student. Therefore I created these to replicate the quality expected of a GCSE student within 45 minutes of an exam.
The essays all follow a similar pattern that can be traced as part of your further studies.
I have also included a generic writing frame that attempts to sum up my strategy for attempting the question.
These essays can be used for both AQA and Eduqas. The only real difference is AQA is marked out of 30 while EDUQAS is marked out of 40.