This informative Power Point seeks to explain and simplify the context of Animal Farm in light of the political and social beliefs relating to the novella and George Orwell’s own views. Useful commentary and links between the text and context are made throughout, so students not only learn, but can also make connections themselves. The PP also introduces students to contextual terminology which they can use when writing about the novella’s context.
**This lesson covers:
- Understanding Karl Marx and Communism and the Marxist theory
- Mini quiz to assess understanding of Marxism (AFL)
- Marxist beliefs about Capitalist Societies as unfair and unequal
- Marxist views on how the working classes are exploited.
- Mini test on Marxism and Capitalism (AFL)
- Marx’s vision of Communism
- Mini test on Communism (AFL)
- George Orwell’s beliefs
- What is Socialism?
- Mini test on Orwell’s beliefs and Socialism (AFL)
- How Socialism and Communism feature in Animal Farm
- A mini quiz to consolidate overall understanding of the contextual, political and social ideas explored during the lesson (AFL)
This power point includes clear lesson objectives, outcomes as well as (AFL) opportunities throughout, to ensure students remain on track and engaged. The numerous AFL questions can also be adapted for differentiation.
A steal at £2!!!