Benin AD 900-1300 is now a non-European study unit for KS2 on the new curriculum for history.
This ten-lesson history unit contains lesson plans, pupil resources and teachers’ guides.
Everything you need to teach this unit.
This unit covers the following questions:
1. What was the Kingdom of Benin?
2. How was the Kingdom of Benin first established?
3. What did the people of Benin Kingdom believe?
4. Why did the first dynasty of Ogiso come to an end in AD 1180?
5. What were the Obas like as leaders?
6. What did ordinary people do for jobs in the Kingdom of Benin?
7. What was Benin Kingdom art like?
8. What happened to Benin Kingdom after the period AD 900-1300?
9. What was left after Benin Kingdom was destroyed?
10. What have we learned about this period of history?