Year 6. C64. Properties of Matter/ Materials
Six fully developed lessons for Year 6 Chemistry: Properties of Matter/ Materials. A workbook which runs alongside the presentation to give ease of marking and proof of assessment and feedback. Once complete, pupils can use this as a revision tool as it will be fully self, and teacher assessed. A SOW with ideas on how to best present and run this series of lessons.
All ready to download, print and go!
• Lesson 1: Acids and alkalis. What are hazard symbols? What are acids and alkalis? What is the pH scale?
• Lesson 2: The pH scale. What is an indicator? Practical Assessment: Making an indicator.
• Lesson 3: Neutralisation. What is neutralisation? How to neutralise an acid and an alkali? Testing wasp and bee stings.
• Lesson 4: Indigestion Remedies. How to neutralise an acid and an alkali. What’s the best remedy?
• Lesson 5: Temperature. What is temperature? What is heat? Save the penguins from the cold challenge.
• Lesson 6: Insulators and conductors. Define an insulator. Define a conductor. Which materials are fit for their purpose?
Each lesson incorporates:
• A starter task
• A main task(s)
• A plenary
• A PIT STOP activity (where pupils can check their progress in the lesson so far)
• Paper resources and practical activity ideas
• Assessment opportunities (we use a purple pen to show progress throughout using self-assessment, this is what the purple pen icon represents throughout the presentations)
• Feedback and self-reflection
• Extension opportunities
• Prep tasks (homework)
I don’t own any of the images in any document.
If you’d like to have a look at the quality of the work then please check out: Lesson 1. Biology. Classification is avaliable for free from here if you’d like to try out the lesson and see the quality and quantity before purchasing the bundle.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.