An excellent end-of-year maths/art project for Year 3 children. In this task, children are challenged to create their dream island for the summer holidays. This project is designed to cover the following areas in the Year 3 curriculum:
• Measure the perimeter of simple 2-D shapes
• Add and subtract numbers with up to three digits
• Continue to become fluent in adding and subtracting amounts of money
• Recognise angles as a property of shape or a description of turn
• Solve one-step and two-step questions using information presented in tables
A full lesson plan, differentiated activity sheets, an island template, answer sheet, project booklet, and a completed example island are included.
All images courtesy of www.clker.com