This retell activity is in the format of a book. I used them for my Year 1 class to retell the story of little red riding hood. We used the finished books in a display. The books shows pictures of the story of little red riding hood. The more able books have more lines for writing. To make the book - print the word document out, photocopy the number of books needed and then cut in half and staple together.
Big Writing lesson plan & resources for retelling Little Red Riding hood.
*Some of my lesson plans include resources provided by other people. I have downloaded these from other sources on the internet. Thank you to those who have provided these images, powerpoints and documents - AB
Cards for each button on the Bee-bot eg - forwards, clear, go. The small cards my children use to help them plan the programme for the bee-bots. There are two other word documents with cards in different sizes.
This resource is a highly visual, fully editable and interactive, 50 question power point quiz on Roald Dahl’s book 'Fantastic Mr Fox.'
It is an ideal resource for an assembly, a lesson or with a tutor group, particularly during book week or Roald Dahl’s 100th Year celebration in September or during book week.
The quiz contains 50 questions with multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the Roald Dahl image on each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
A question and answer sheet are provided to allow individuals / teams to record their answers.
1. How many ‘small foxes’ do Mr and Mrs Fox have?
2. Where do Mr Fox and his family live?
3. What are the names of the three farmers in ‘Fantastic Mr Fox?'
4. What kind of farmer was Bunce?
5. What did Boggis eat every day for breakfast, lunch and supper?
6. Why were the farmers angry with Mr Fox?
7. How does Mr Fox know when there is danger?
8. Which farmer came up with the plan to trap the Fox family.
9. What was the third plan Bean came up with to get Mr Fox?
10. When Badger asked Mr Fox if he was worried about all the ‘stealing’. What did Mr Fox say?
This resource is also suitable for older SEN students due to the visual nature of the resource and the multiple choice format of the questions and answers.
Most images are royalty free. All images requiring attribution are credited within the powerpoint quiz itself.
Based on the book Handa's Surprise, children can build their own sentences using the words provided, finish the sentences and write their own description of what objects they'd put in Handa's basket. Create for both shared and independent reading and writing.