Number the Stars Novel Study has 120+ pages of student work, answer keys and vocabulary practice. Focus skill: Context Clues. Aligned with CCSS Reading Literature grades 4-5. Great for ESL and summer reading!
* Lesson plans for 3-4 weeks of reading
* Charts detailing the Common Core Standards and which skill sheets address them
* Student Workbook cover page
* Quizzes for every chapter practicing Context Clues
* Vocabulary words, definitions and activities
* Writing Prompts
* Detailed Answer Keys
* Skill sheets addressing the Common Core Literature Standards grade 4-5:
- Plot Line
- Character Study
- Point of View
- Compare and Contrast
- Illustration Study
-Prose, Poetry or Drama Study
Number the Stars is a beautiful story about the bravery and friendship of the Danish people through Annemarie Johansen and her family. Choose to read it as a whole class, read aloud, in guided reading groups, in literature circles, Foundations and Frameworks groups or let students read independently using Number the Stars Novel Study as a guide. Great for independent summer reading as well.
However you choose to use this Number the Stars Novel Study, you and your class are certain to get swept away in the excitement and danger of Number the Stars with Annemarie and her bravery all the while addressing comprehension skills, learning new vocabulary words, meeting the Common Core State Standards and enjoying every step of the way!