This unit teaches students in grades K-1 (2-4 remedial) about ones, tens, hundreds, etc.
1. Students will understand that ten pennies are equal to one dime or ten cents.
2. Students will make and defend choices regarding spending and saving.
3. Students will generalize the relationship between pennies and dimes to that between dimes and dollars, pennies and nickels, and nickels and dollars.
4. Student inquiry questions and discussion will be used to determine student understanding and need for individualized instruction when applicable.
5. Students' knowledge will be assessed before and after activities using open-ended questions and friendly debates.
(NOTE: GRADES 2-4, use dimes and dollars)