Referenced to Chris Quigley Key Skills. Session planner of activities. Short term plans
I will add the short term planning as I do it if there is interest.
Please add comments as I'm interested in your feedback
Full two weeks D1 planning for year 3. Adapt for your class as you wish.
I have also uploaded my whiteboard flipchart but I cannot open it on this computer to check if it is ok so I do hope it is of use.
I have also just uploaded some of the time resources I made for the second lesson in the second week. They can be used as general time resources though too.
<p>A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.</p>
Spelling activity pack for words with split digraphs:<br />
o-e (as in broke)<br />
u-e (as in tune)<br />
and words containing:<br />
- 3 powerpoint files (one for each of the above). Every spelling is on an individual slide for <strong>class spelling activities</strong> (36 words)<br />
- <strong>6 Monster Sentence sheets.</strong> These include each spelling outlined in <strong>print</strong> and in <strong>cursive</strong> for students to practise their handwriting. Each spelling can then be written as a sentence (which can be silly/crazy/happy etc.). Colour and black & white versions of each sheet are provided.<br />
- <strong>3 word searches</strong> to consolidate learning. One for each set of spellings (and a solution sheet).<br />
- <strong>3 crosswords</strong> on powerpoint for class/group challenges (or print them off for small group/paired work)<br />
- <strong>2 certificates</strong> (Spelling Star and Writing Star).<br />
- Plain text file with every word (use this to easily copy and paste words for your own purposes).<br />
Also includes lots of monsters :)<br />
Black & white versions of the sentence sheets are included for easy copying or laminate the colour versions and use with wipeable pens for students to practise their handwriting and sentence writing with the different spellings.<br />
The words are taken from the Children's Printed Word Database featuring the words most commonly found in children's books during the first years of school.<br />
<a href="https://www.tes.com/member/thinky">Follow me on TES</a> for future updates. I'm happy to receive feedback and suggestions and where possible will update resources accordingly :)