An A4 Word poster giving an explanation, examples and visual representation of the first few square numbers. Could be used as part of a display or learning wall to remind children of these types of numbers.
I show how to proof the irrationality of root 2.
This gives students an insight into how different properties of numbers come together to prove irrationality.
Please feel free to review my resource.
Hope this helps,
Fun resource. Biff, Kipper & Chip Oxford Reading Tree. I have made a bingo game using ORT stage 1 ,2 and 3 words. I have made two boards with stage 1, two boards with stage 2 words and three boards with stage 3 words. I have also included the words underneath in stage order and have included Biff, Kipper and Chip faces to put on the back of the cards if you want to be really fancy like me! This game can be adapted for the higher stages.
I have decided to create a variation of the top trumps game. I have used the characters from the high school musical to make it more appealing. There is an instruction sheet. 48 playing cards - 6 of 8 different characters. I have also included on page 2 covers to go on the backs(page will have to be printed 8 times). Once stuck on card and laminated should look nice and colourful.
Calling all Year 5 and Year 6 primary teachers (and KS3 maths teachers too!) Do your students struggle with the new SATs maths arithmetic tests? Then use this Excel arithmetic test worksheet creator to create UNLIMITED practice tests for your pupils. I used the 2016 sample paper as a basis for these questions.
We used these tests for a year and it really boosted our arithmetic scores for the SATs tests in May 2016.
It couldn't be simpler to use.
Open the file in Excel (MAKE SURE THAT YOU "ENABLE MACROS") and it will produce a different test EVERY TIME! If you need to produce a different test, either open up the file again OR just press the "Randomise" button (or F9 on your keyboard). If you want to just print the questions, press the "Print Questions" button. If you want to print the answers, press the "Print Answers" button.
Please note that you need Excel to use this file (Tested on Excel 2007).
If you like this resource and enough people buy it and comment then I will make another version based on the actual 2016 SATs maths arithmetic test.
These are homework sheets which also contain a QR code to a tutorial video if the students require. I have used similar before and parents (and children) have found the QR code very useful and should avoid the "I don't get it" excuse as they can get help via the QR code. The tutorials have been made using the app Explain Everything if you are interested. Topics covered include indices, time (calculations etc), rounding and estimations, place value, multiples and factors, numerical sequences, long multiplication and division. Each sheet comes with answers.
Save in this Algebra 1 activities bundle. Activities include math detectives, quests, coded messages, task cards, puzzles, paper chains, card sorts and more on 9 Algebra 1 related topics.
- ALGEBRA BASICS
- LINEAR FUNCTIONS/EQUATIONS
- SYSTEMS OF EQUATIONS
- POLYNOMIALS, EXPONENTS AND RADICALS
What customers say about products included in this bundle:
- "What an awesome way to get my Algebra I students thinking about colleges! I wish I knew this stuff before applying to schools. Thank you!" - Linear Equations and Systems of Equations Cost of College Mini-Project
- "Fantastic resource! My students loved the setting of Pisa while practicing multiplying binomials. Thx." - Multiplying Binomials Math Detective
- "I loved this activity! My students were so focused and creative! They are normally a very talkative group. To my surprise, when I told them they had the period to work independently and be creative I didn't hear a peep for the entire 40 minutes! Thank you!" - Rate of Change(slope) - Graffiti Activity
- "Big hit with my students!" - Systems of Equations Practice Activity