This 117 page novel study for The BFG by Roald Dahl includes comprehension quizzes by chapter, activities for theme, plot, character studies, and lots more Common Core aligned activities for Reading Literature standards. Also includes detailed answer keys.
What's included in the novel study:
* Unit plans for two- three weeks of reading
* Charts detailing the Common Core Standards and which skill sheets address them
* Student Workbook cover page
* Quizzes for every chapter
* LOTS of vocabulary words and definitions
* Writing Prompts
* Skill sheets addressing the Common Core Literature Standards grade 3-5:
- Plot Line
- Character Studies
- Point of View
~Various Writing propmts
- Poetry and Prose
- Compare and Contrast
- Illustration Study
- Metaphor and Simile
- Literal and Nonliteral Language
- Book to Movie Connections
* Detailed Answer Key for each student page
The BFG is a fantastic story that can be used in a variety of ways. Choose to read it as a whole class read aloud, in guided reading groups, in literature circles or let students read it independently using This Novel Study as a guide. Great for independent summer reading too!
However you choose to use The BFG, you and your class are certain to get swept away in the adventure while addressing comprehension skills, learning new vocabulary words, meeting the Common Core State Standards and enjoying every step of the way!
Happy reading with The Big Friendly Giant!