This comprehensive teaching unit for The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore has everything you need from detailed quizzes to check for careful reading to graphic organizers for theme development. Included in the packet:
- Vocabulary words from each section of the book with context quotes and space for student definitions.
- Blank vocabulary charts for students to fill in vocabulary words.
- Quizzes and answer keys for each section to test reading comprehension
- Discussion questions for each section for class or group discussion or to use as writing prompts for higher-order thinking
- Short essay questions for individual work or as a final exam.
- Essay questions
- Presentation or essay topics that require outside research.
- Character Compare/Contrast Discussion
- Character inference graphic organizer
- Character development graphic organizer
- Theme tracker graphic organizer
- Theme development and summary graphic organizers
This unit is flexible for your needs. Answer keys to quizzes included.
Each section in the table of contents lists the coordinating common core standards
You might also like:
Ender's Game Teaching Unit
The Glass Castle Resources
Writing a Research Paper - Complete Unit