Action packed presentation (PowerPoint) with abundant activities for a World Book Day. Football themed reading activities- will cover the entire day.
Great for all classes. Even Rowdy boys, reluctant readers love it, no excuses for not enjoying an
action packed day.
Nominate any picture book. (If you don’t have, purchase a cheap one online from Kindle/Amazon or a bookstore.
Slides are generic, but easy to adapt.
Diverse activities include:
- interviewing the author-why not film the interviews on show on the class IWB-pupils love the exposure.
- Designing of logos, team strips and a football trophy
- Creating a word search
- Quiz (divide the class into premiership teams).
- Writing a short story with ten words only
- Creating a character profile.
Advisable to buy pupils football small notepads (journalist) pencils with English Premiership team colours and a miniature trophy–for the quiz winners.