A Scientific American Space Lab video presentation: Liam Gets Yet Another Letter! YouTube Space Lab With Liam & Michael. YouTube Space Lab explores the space race between the US and USSR and how this greatly advanced space exploration.
Brad mysteriously morphs into American Genius and YouTube star, Michael Stevens. Together, Liam and Michael look at the amazing advances made during the space race from the first man in space, to the first man on the moon and more.
All questions for the INFO 3 AQA specification broken down by topic. For AQA but would suit most exam boards. Questions, answers and examiner reports. The only think you have to do now is get the students to actually use them for revision!
The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come - A Christmas Carol. A Point, Evidence and Explanation grid used to help students identify points to make in the WJEC English Literature exam. The 'Point' column is filled, page numbers given so students can find evidence and an explanation column to allow pupils to analyse details. The resource can be used in lessons or as a high quality homework.
I have made and laminated these with the noun, verb, adverb, adjective, pronoun and punctuation on different coloured pieces of paper.
I then give the group or pair a prompt card and model building a sentence, and gradually making it more complex.
I use these with KS3 SEN - but this would also be appropriate with other year groups.
<p>A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.</p>
Please note that if you specifically want <a href="https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/i-can-spell-words-ending-with-y-oy-ay-11280548">words that END with ay/oy these are available as a separate resource.</a> (Each resource uses different words)<br />
Spelling activity pack for words containing:<br />
- 2 powerpoint files (one for each of the above). Every spelling is on an individual slide for <strong>class spelling activities</strong> (24 words)<br />
- <strong>4 Monster Sentence sheets.</strong> These include each spelling outlined in <strong>print</strong> and in <strong>cursive</strong> for students to practise their handwriting. Each spelling can then be written as a sentence (which can be silly/crazy/happy etc.). Colour and black & white versions of each sheet are provided.<br />
- <strong>2 word searches</strong> to consolidate learning. One for each set of spellings (and a solution sheet).<br />
- <strong>2 crosswords</strong> on powerpoint for class/group challenges (or print them off for small group/paired work)<br />
- <strong>2 certificates</strong> (Spelling Star and Writing Star).<br />
- Plain text file with every word (use this to easily copy and paste words for your own purposes).<br />
Also includes lots of monsters :)<br />
Black & white versions of the sentence sheets are included for easy copying or laminate the colour versions and use with wipeable pens for students to practise their handwriting and sentence writing with the different spellings.<br />
The words are taken from the Children's Printed Word Database featuring the words most commonly found in children's books during the first years of school.<br />
<a href="https://www.tes.com/member/thinky">Follow me on TES</a> for future updates. I'm happy to receive feedback and suggestions and where possible will update resources accordingly :) <br />