This resource material is for countries using the euro currency.
This pack relates to euros and euro cents.
Aimed at KS1/Kindergarten/Grade 1 and ESL/EFL students.
The presentation is a step-by-step approach to teaching euros/cents.
This pack contains:
- A comprehensive PowerPoint Presentation (46 Slides) - divided into convenient sections.
1. Identifying and describing coins and their value
2. Adding up cents and adding prices of items
3. Looking at combination of coins and comparing/matching coins of equivalent value, e.g. five 1 cents is worth the same as a 5 cent coin.
4. Giving change - working out how much change you would get from 5c, 10c, and 20c.
The Presentation also includes whole class activities and different strategies students can use to work out money problems.
There is a separate Presentation on general introduction and a list of countries that use euros as their currency.
- 4 Flexible Lesson Plans - contains objectives, plenaries and main lesson. PowerPoint slides are referred to in the lesson plans.
Lesson 1 - Matching each coin to its value - There are two sets of activities.
(1) Write the value opposite the coin and practise writing the euro signs.
(2) Cut and paste each coin to the correct value shown.
Lesson 2 - Let's Go Shopping (1) - adding two items together
- Let's Go Shopping (2) - adding three items together
Optional cut and paste Match up Money Bags activity - Students add the prices of the pictures together to get the total and then match the bag of 1 cent coins to the correct sum.
Lesson 3 - 4 Worksheets called Euro Money Bags 1, 2, 3, and 4. Students draw combination of coins to match the price tag.
Lesson 4 - 2 Giving change worksheets - Price tag is shown and then the coin. Students work out what change they would receive if they spent the money shown on the price tag and paid with, e.g. a 10 cent coin.
Worksheets are shown in the preview.
File Type: PowerPoint , Word and PDF format.
You may be interested in the pack 2:
Hope you enjoy using this resource.
Royalty free images via Microsoft clipart, www.clker.com.
Triangular page border designed by SillyOMusic.