A detailed creative writing booklet with 20 pages of activities aimed at improving creative writing. Tasks and activities on the following areas:
• Abstract Nouns
• Emotive Language
• -ing openers
• P.I.R.A.T.E. Persuasive Writing
• Roots, prefixes & suffixes
• S.T.A.M.P Language techniques
• Pathetic Fallacy
• Sentence Structures
• A range of 200 word challenges to put these skills into practice
Can be used as bit by bit as lesson starters or in larger chunks for whole lessons. Ideal for independent study or guided learning depending on the class and its students/teacher.
Four lessons on different types of speeches for the topic 'Famous Speeches'. Each lesson includes a worksheet of the speech and a powerpoint about the context, a link to the speech and a task.
Speeches are as follows:
1. Neville Longbottom from the Final Battle of Hogwarts
2. Kid President's Pep Talk
3. Emma Watson 'He for She' UN Speech
4. Barack Obama
The is also a persuasive speech techniques word search
A project based around the theme of Travel Writing and Creative Writing. Students design their own country/holiday destination and create a travel brochure to promote it using the criteria on the sheet.