This bundle include the complete first section of the Coordination and Response topic that follows according to the IGCSE syllabus.
- nervous system
- reflex action
- state that the nervous system (brain, spinal cord and nerves) serves to coordinate and regulate bodily functions
- identify, on diagrams of the central nervous system, the cerebrum, cerebellum, pituitary gland and hypothalamus, medulla, spinal cord and nerves
- describe the principal functions of the above structures in terms of coordinating and regulating bodily functions
- outline the functions of sensory neurones, relay neurones and motor neurones
- discuss the function of the brain and spinal cord in producing a coordinated response as a result of a specific stimulus (reflex action)