Sport and Society - The Role of Technology in Physical Activity and Sport
For A Level PE (AQA) - New 2016 Specification 7582
This teaching resource covers the key areas of the new specification in relation to technology in sport. Includes a thorough presentation, a student worksheet following the presentation, and a keyword definitions activity (print and cut for match-up task). The resource also includes a link to access documents via Google drive which I will update as accordingly.
Key areas include:
• Sports analytics
• Data collection - quantitative and qualitative, objective and subjective, validity and reliability
• Video and analysis programmes - Dartfish and Prozone
• GPS and motion-tracking software and hardware
• Testing and recording equipment - the metabolic cart for indirect calorimetry
• Data integrity
• Functions of sports analytics - monitoring of fitness, skill and technique development, injury prevention (vibration and electrostimulation, game analysis, Talent ID and scouting
• The development of equipment and facilities and their impact on participation and performance
• The positive and negative impacts of technology on the performer, the coach, the sport, and the audience
The resource allows for an in-depth coverage of the main specification areas with detailed examples and many videos inserted into the presentation (in Google slides). This resource easily covers 3-4 lessons worth of content. All of my resources are available at a very reasonable price and are specifically for the new specification. As an experienced A-level teacher, I understand how difficult and time consuming it is to find relevant resources for a change of specification so I created them myself this year to follow this.