As a SENCO I found it extremely frustrating constantly having to remind teachers about specific students needs and how to support these. Despite having access to an inclusion register. I have created this booklet that has been given to all staff to ensure they are fully aware of all students with additional needs and how to support these fully in their lessons.
The contents have been collated from various websites and sources for ease of use in one document. Including key documents made by myself.
The booklet contains:
1. An introduction to the booklet and how to use it
2. Key and Acronyms
3. Broad areas of need explained
4. List of students identified with SEND (anonymized ready to input your school's information into)
5. Students for whom reasonable adjustments should be made (anonymized ready to input your school's information into)
6. Supporting Pupils with Statements of SEND/EHCPs (anonymized ready to input your school's information into)
7. Student’s Health Care Plans.
8. Named Students/students with mentors
9. Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD) definition
10. ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Disorder definition
11. Supporting students with Dyslexia
12. Supporting students with ASD
13. Supporting students with numeracy difficulties.
14. Supporting students with ADHD
15. Supporting Students with SLCN
16. Questioning Blank Levels
17. Simplifying questions
18. Differentiation techniques to teach key vocabulary and key concepts
19. Referral form – Learning Concerns
20. Referral form – Behavioural and emotional concerns
21. Record of concern form (CP)
22. Subject teacher feedback form
23. Pupil passport proforma
24. Interventions offered in school
25. Assess, Plan, Do, Review Cycle