A complete and ready to deliver high quality KS4 / GCSE lesson from Barclayfox.
This is a complete lesson from start to end. You do not need to spend a huge number of hours carefully planning it and writing differentiated resources, I have already spent those hours creating this great lesson. Furthermore it has been improved time and again after each use - it is tried and tested, you will not find better.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
Lesson objectives - I can:
*Describe the structure of the atom (Protons, neutrons, electrons: charges, masses and locations)
* Explain the history of our model of the atom (billiard ball model, plum pudding model, nuclear model, planetary model, quantum mechanical model).
* Describe Rutherford’s experiment which led to the discovery of the nucleus.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, has differentiated activity sheets, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Simple starter - self assess vs objectives
* Matching task - answers are provided.
* Differentiated activity sheets - support, medium ability, high ability.
* Activity sheet - answers.
* Sequencing activity.
* Gap fill activity - all answers are provided.
* Quiz with answers.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Video clip links (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – answers are provided.
* Homework worksheet
* Scientific literacy activities.
* Plenary formative / summative assessment quiz / activity.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – learners judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Barclayfox” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type barclayfox into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundle – contains all lessons (if available not all my series are bundled)
1. Atoms, history of the atom and discovery of the nucleus. THIS LESSON.
2. Isotopes and Mass number and Atomic number.
3. Alpha, Beta and Gamma – ionising radiation.
4. Changes in the nucleus – decay equations
5 to 14 Please read the list in the powerpoint.
Thank you, and happy teaching ! Yours,