The bundle contains five resources
1. Black History Month Assembly / Lesson Presentation - 85 Slides
2. Martin Luther King Junior Assembly / Lesson Presentation - 60 Slides
3. Rosa Parks Assembly / Lesson Presentation - 65 Slides
4. Black History 50 Question Quiz
5. Set of 20 civil rights quote posters.
This is an ideal resource for Black History Month (African-American Month) that falls in October in the UK and February in the USA and will help students' Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development by learning about the history and heritage of communities and the lives of those that overcame the challenges they faced.
The bundle includes:
1. A PowerPoint presentation on the life of Martin Luther King Junior and his leading role in the civil rights movement. The PowerPoint contains hyperlinks to some of his famous speeches - I Have a Dream, The Mountaintop, The Drum Major.
2. A fully editable and informative 85 slide PowerPoint presentation on Black History Month. It contains references to the history of Black History Month, The Slave Trade, the abolition of slavery, the Civil Rights Movement and influential people in civil rights movement. It contains hyperlinks to Bob Marley's 'Buffalo Soldiers,' Martin Luther's 'I have a dream' speech, Nelson Mandela's story and interview with Morgan Freeman explaining why he does not want a Black History Month.
3. This resource contains a 65 slide PowerPoint assembly / lesson on the life of Rosa Parks, the famous civil rights activist who refused to give up her seat to a white person on the Montgomery bus, which was the catalyst for the Montgomery Bus Boycott and subsequent civil rights campaigns that eventually led to major civil rights reforms for African -Americans in the United States. It also contains hyperlinks to Rosa receiving the Congressional Medal from President Clinton, a short video on her life and achievements.This resource contains
4. An interactive, 50 question powerpoint quiz on Black History Month. There are 3 multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to record answers.
5. A set of twenty inspiring civil right quotes posters available on both white and black backgrounds.
For more inspiring educational resources visit Inspire and Educate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this 'must have' step by step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow!