This is an interactive Power-Point game that incorporates a fun playing format in to the classroom, as students make decisions about where within the world certain inventions come from.
Students find themselves faced with a board showing 20 numbers to choose from and the task of deciding if the invention that is revealed to them from behind each number, comes from the powerhouse country of inventions..."China" or from another country in the world.
Bonus questions and points are up for grabs at every turn, filling this fun game with a plethora of informative facts. Whilst graded from grade 7- 10, it really is very general and can be used for younger and /or older students.
•Students choose a number (Teams for big classes)
• They say Chopsticks if they think it is a Chinese invention or Pop-Sticks if it is an invention that originates from another country.
• Answer correctly (YAY) Score the allocated points, Incorrectly (Boom).
Read the accompanying facts on screen.
• Answer a special bonus question for a bonus point
Information touched on in this PPT Game
• Nationalities such as Hungarian, Dutch, Canadian and more
• Lots of China facts and trivia like the previous name of Beijing, major rivers, The Last Emperor, some dynasty facts etc.
• Facts about some cool inventions like Rubik's Cube, wiFi, Toilet Paper, Jet Pack, Lawn Mower, Orange Carrots and much more
• Famous or not so famous inventors names and their countries.
See the screen video of the powerpoint game in action here on my youtube page
This PPT is designed using Microsoft Office 2013.
If you are worried about the compatibility of your Microsoft Office version, you can download the official Free PowerPoint Viewer with which it works wonderfully.