1.2 Types of Organizations
Information for teachers
This worksheet consists of five activities for students to complete.
- Distinguish between the public sector and the private sector.
- Put the companies into the right column (Private Limited, PLC or Public Sector).
- Read each of the descriptions of the business organizations and state what type of organization it is.
- Private Limited Companies Around the World
- Main Features of types of organizations
This worksheet is suitable for a class or homework activity.
Suggested answers are included.
• Main features of the different sectors
• Objectives of the different sectors
• Impact of sector on internal and external stakeholders
• Saudi Aramco in discussions to go public (IPO)
• Suitability of the type of organization each business currently is
• Will the ownership be likely to change in the near future
• How organizations evolve and change their type of organization e.g. going from sole trader to private limited company or PLC
• The importance of limited liability for growth, investment and innovation
• The size of private limited companies from small family owned business to large multinationals