A classroom-ready presentation covering Human Resources Management from Unit 2 of the Cambridge International Examinations Business Syllabus. Connects seamlessly with the core approved textbooks and addresses all learning objectives.
This presentation highlights key concepts of the syllabus from the CIE AS Level Business Unit 2 including:
• the role of HRM in meeting organisation objectives: recruitment, selection, training, induction, advice, guidance, workforce planning
• labour turnover, methods of recruitment and selection
• purposes of job descriptions, person specifications and job advertisements
• main features of a contract of employment
• difference between redundancy and dismissal
• relationship between HRM, staff morale and welfare in a business including the concept of work-life balance
• policies for diversity and equality
• the purpose of staff development/training as a means of securing required skills and motivating the workforce
The presentation can be delivered as a lecture and supplemented with a teacher’s own creative exercises and activities. An excellent key resource for new and experienced teachers alike.