**ASSESS THE GENERAL QUALITY OF MY WORK WITH THIS FREE DOWNLOAD. ** Download the remaining three lessons here https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/viva-2-m1-holidays-with-student-handouts-12065960
Whole lesson power point presentation & Handout on Talking about a past holiday using the verb Ir.
Lesson activities include:
- Introducing the verb Ir in the Preterit tense
- Introducing where you went on holiday with the key question ¿Adónde fuiste de vacaciones? Students then translate the expressions into English
- Introducing who you went on holiday with, with the key question ¿Con quién fuiste? Students then translate the expressions into English
- Introducing how you got there with the key question ¿Cómo fuiste? Students then translate the expressions into English
- Listening task - students listen to five people talking about where they went on holiday, who they went with and how they got there and write letters to match the correct pictures and show their understanding
- Speaking task - working in pairs, students ask and answer the three questions previously introduced in the lesson
- Writing task - Students decipher a series of acronyms to make sentences about a past holiday, using expressions and vocabulary from the lesson
- Reading task - Students read four texts where people describe a past holiday and match a series of pictures to the correct texts
- Introducing exclamation expressions with adjectives
- Listening task - Students listen to three people taking about where they went on holiday, who they went with, how they got there and their opinions and fill in a table with the correct information in English (answers come up in Spanish for further immersion)
- Writing task - students write an interview with a famous person asking and answering the three key questions from the lesson. They include exclamations with adjectives and connectives.
Suitable for KS2 and KS3 Spanish teachers. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximise learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 2 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper (unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).