Save hours writing report card comments by using these polished, pre-written sentences for grades K-6. These 14 pages of editable comments for report cards cover social skills, personal responsibility, and academics for students at grade level, below grade level, and above grade level.
• Comments include strengths, areas needing improvement, recommendations for how to improve, and what the teacher will do to help.
• Statements that parents could misunderstand (“Jenny is working on her reading comprehension”) are avoided in favor of clear, unambiguous language (“Jenny receives extra help to improve her reading comprehension”).
• Language that some parents might not know, such as “decoding,” “inferring,” and “math facts,” are defined within the comments.
SAMPLE SENTENCES (“X” REPRESENTS THE STUDENT'S NAME)
• In math, X has benefited from extra practice in a small math group and one-on-one with the teacher.
• While reading, X should remember to predict, ask questions, visualize, and make connections to personal experience.
• X socializes easily with peers; however, he/she needs to avoid doing so when he/she should be working.
WANT TO REALLY SAVE TIME?
• Download the Magic Comment Machine at https://www.tes.com/us/teacher-lessons/report-card-comments-tool-11343305
• Paste in pre-written sentences for each student, or type your own.
• The Magic Comment Machine strings the sentences together to form a complete comment for every student.
• It automatically replaces “X” with the student’s name throughout the comment.
• It magically replaces he/she, him/her, and his/her with the right pronoun, depending on whether the student is a boy or girl.
• It requires no previous experience with Excel.
• You then simply copy the finished comments into your report cards!