Students will compose a piece of music by using chord cards to form triads to create a melody and/or accompaniment.
Within 2-4 lessons, students will compose a piece of music based on the three notes of a triad. In the process the student will:
• Explore the concept “triad” and “chord”.
• Explore thirds and how they form melody fragments, melodies and chords.
• Write triads in root position.
• Explore “block” and “broken” chords.
• Write a melody or accompaniment pattern based on triad manipulation.
Sample composition included.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.