A great guide for the novice music technology student or teacher!! This unit booklet serves as a guide for both students and teachers who are navigating composing on music software for the first time. Activities are general enough to be used across multiple music software platforms while still developing music composition skills. This unit booklet is 11 pages long and is best suited for students with basic note reading capabilities at the very least. This booklet is wonderful for engaging a number of young musicians at the same time as they can move through the booklet at their own pace.
- Note entry overview and practice
- Triad entry overview and practice
- Simple I, IV, V chord progression entry
- Melody writing to a set chord pattern
- Chord pattern composition
- Fitting a melody to chordal composition
- Adding harmonies to melody and chord progression
- Writing with different instruments
- Extension: learn to play your composition on real instruments
Included in this item are 2 packets, one using American terminology (i.e. quarter notes, half notes, etc) and one using British language (i.e. crotchets, quavers, etc.).
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.