Great for AQA (9-1) GCSE Computer Science revision and exam practice.
This student revision workbook completely covers the AQA GCSE Computer Science (8520) specification section 3.5 “Fundamentals of computer networks”. Includes a 43-page PDF document including theory, tasks and includes all the answers.
Ideal as a GCSE revision aid or as a teaching resource and includes lots of help with understanding the different types of network (PAN, LAN, WAN and WLAN), benefits and risks of wireless and wired networks, the star and bus topologies, common network protocols (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP and IMAP), network security including authentication, encryption, firewalls and MAC address filtering and the TCP/IP 4 layer model.
This book was specifically written to assist students revising for their AQA GCSE Computer Science examination (8520) and match the syllabus, as of February 2018.
Includes a single 43-page PDF document which can be given to the pupils to work through for homework tasks or in class.
Table of contents:
• What is a network?
• Personal Area Network (PAN)
• Local Area Network (LAN)
• Wide Area Network (WAN)
• Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
• Ethernet cable
• Fibre Optic cable
• Star network topology
• Bus network topology
• Network Protocols
• IP address
• MAC address
• MAC address filtering
• The 4 layers of the TCP/IP model
Other student workbooks in this series include:
- Fundamentals of Algorithms GCSE revision student workbook
- Fundamentals of Data Representation GCSE revision student workbook
- Computer Systems GCSE revision student workbook
- Fundamentals of Cyber Security GCSE revision student workbook
- Ethical, legal and environmental impacts GCSE revision student workbook