Print and Go! Daily Oral Language Plus for 5th and 6th grades. Common Core State Standards Aligned. This packet contains 12 weeks of daily language work – and not just your usual DOL. Each day contains three sentences to correct and reconstruct – plus students are required to write a short essay using their reconstructed sentences.
Since DOL as a stand alone activity does little to help real world writing skills – each of these DOL Plus pages requires students to be corrected, modified and then reassembled and embellished into paragraphs.
Perfect to use as warm-ups, bell ringers or early finishers! There are 52 days of student DOL Plus activities, with 52 days of teacher corrections to display for the class. Additionally, a form fillable PDF is included for teacher and or student corrections, class display or whatever you choose. Seventy-eight pages in all.
Each DOL contains three sentences to be corrected and modified as well as a paragraph to write – based on the sentences.
1. Print out sheets for students to paste into their interactive journals.
Print out student
2. instructions for pasting in their interactive journals.
3. Students will use the DOLs to create the best possible sentences without losing its meaning.
4. Students will then construct the best paragraph possible.
5. Review sentences together.
Select students to read their paragraphs – using sticks or some other random method – so each student is accountable and knows their number will one day come.
Student notebook samples follow instructions.
If you have any questions or if you find mistakes please email email@example.com.
Please consider following me:
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/epinotti/
• Blog http://www.luckyjenny.com/blog-reading-all-around.html
• Teacher’s Notebook Shop: https://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/eac913
• TES Shop: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/elizabethpinotti
Borders are: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden