High-quality English resources for reading and writing home learning to meet the demands placed upon schools due to school closures or year groups having to isolate.
The pack provides everything you will need to provide 10 sessions of home learning. The activities are based around the text ‘Magical Places’ (containing extracts from classic novels The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan) and cover writing and reading skills for year 4. These units are also perfect for pupils absent from school or to support learning as a homework package.
• Engaging reading and writing activities to last for 2 weeks
• High quality texts included in the package
• Supportive subject knowledge for parents
• Short bursts of independent activities clearly linked to key skills
- Draw inferences (inferring characters’ feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions); justify with evidence
- Discuss words and phrases that capture the reader’s interest and imagination
- Identify main ideas from paragraphs
- Use Standard English forms for verb inflections
- Indicate possession by using the possessive apostrophe with plural nouns
- Recognise the difference between plural and possessive ‘s’