Start the new school year establishing a relationship with each students' parents. Send a short text or email introducing your students' family to the teacher and permission to send or drop by with a short list of things students can do to get ready to start the school year, each of which relates to the nine activities planned for the first week of school.
1. Students and parental figuers will get acquainted with teacher, expectations for students and PF's participation in class activities.
2. Students and PF's will learn things about each other and establish a rapport.
3. Students will be asked to complete specific simple tasks and to be sure to bring very specific items to them the first day of school.
4. Students and parents will be introduced to and experience flipped classroom activities right from the start of school, using fun activities for children and adults.
5. Students will engage in several mysterious activities that will have them anticipating the first day eagerly.
6. Parents will be provided with contact information and told they will be contacted by text or email regarding their children's progress and/or any issues that may arise.
7. Students will also have an opportunity to communicate with teacher before the first day of school.