An activity workbook to cover Functional Skills Maths at Entry Stage 1. Suitable for the complete beginner and for learner' who struggle with numeracy. The workbook contains explanations and actvities with examples on how to do it to test the learner's skill and knowlede at each section. The workbook has 35 pages and covers:<br />
Addition and subtraction<br />
Firsts, seconds, thirds<br />
Working with dates<br />
Working with 2D and 3 D shapes<br />
Dealing with money<br />
Working out distances<br />
A step-by-step guide to Entry Level Functional Skils ICT in Office 2010 and Windows 7 with handy training notes, help sheets and revision tips, and activities. This guide has 63 single side A4 pages and comprehensively covers the Functional Skills ICT specifications for Entry 1, 2 and 3.
Whole Class exercise: used for Functional Skills Maths Entry Level as Lesson Starter after Christmas break. Revision of Methods of Subtraction and Handing Money.
Print off and laminate cards.
Students select one card at a time, in turn.
Calculate money lost and enter on worksheet.
Winner is the person who has lost the least!
Suitable for: KS3<br />
Can be used for: KS2/KS4<br />
A work pack that can be used for your internal inclusion/exclusion room, detention or as extra work/ Home learning for students.<br />
The work Pack includes:<br />
Three- Level 4 style Mathematics exam papers to challenge and support the work of students. It also has the Answers attached so that the young people can independently mark their own work<br />
This File includes:<br />
The whole learning pack (work/answer Booklet)<br />
Separate Work Pack<br />
Separate Answer Booklet<br />
I like to ask the class a question, give the class a certain amount of time to solve the question and then show me the answer on their mini whiteboards. I have taken the KS2 SATs numeracy question papers for the 2015 test and combined the question and answer booklets into a single presentation. This is a great way of teaching as there is an instant feedback and explanation as to how to solve each problem. This helps to challenge and consolidate the classes learning. <br />
This teaching resource could be used for whole class teaching and checking, or at home as a one to one resource with a tutor. These teaching resources make maths less stressful and so the students are more motivated to succeed! <br />
I have created resources for levels 3-5 and also separate resources for Level 6 students. All the students should attempt all the papers to both consolidate and strengthen their basic learning and also extend their skills to a higher level.<br />
If you like this resource, please leave a comment here.<br />
I have written a lot more teaching resources and uploaded them to my own website at http://www.TimeToTeach.co.uk.
This resource is a pizza-themed maths activity on the addition and subtraction of money. <br />
It contains a set of 21 differentiated worksheets. The activity is based on calculating the price of toppings for pizzas, choosing the correct coins to pay for them and / or calculating change using 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2 coins. Excellent resource for consolidating counting, adding, subtracting and coin recognition and value skills.<br />
The worksheets are differentiated and can be used either fordifferentiation or progression in money addition and subtraction. Answers are included.<br />
The worksheets also contain a section for what the pupils did well and their next targets.<br />
- adding coins to the value of 10p (3 worksheets)<br />
- adding coins to the value of 50p (3 worksheets)<br />
- adding coins to the value of £1 (3 worksheets)<br />
- adding coins to the value of £5 ( 3 worksheets)<br />
- adding and subtracting to the value of 50p (3 worksheets)<br />
- adding and subtracting to the value of £1 (3 worksheets)<br />
- adding and subtracting to the value of £5 ( 3 worksheets)<br />
This resource is appropriate for Key Stage 1 and 2 and older SEND pupils.<br />
All images courtesy of openclipart.org and clipartlord.com
This activity pack contains clock/time resources for practical activities to reinforce learning of time and having fun at the same time.<br />
Only preparation to do - Print out the resources onto card paper, laminate and cut out - use again and again.<br />
1. Call out cards<br />
2. 6x Clock bingo cards – showing o’clock times<br />
3. 20x Clock bingo cards – showing o’clock and half past times<br />
4. 40x Clock bingo cards – showing o’clock, half past, quarter to/past times<br />
5. 5x Domino cards (analogue & digital – print out, laminate, cut out <br />
6. Set of clocks - to print off and laminate - can use for clock snap and/or sequencing time activity<br />
Practical Activities you can set up:<br />
- Clock bingo cards and dry-wipe pens<br />
- Clock sort – mix up the clocks and children sort clockwise the times from 1 o’ clock to 12 o’clock.<br />
- Quarter past the hour clock sort – mix up the clocks and children sort in clockwise the times from ¼ past 1 to ¼ past 12.<br />
- Children can play time snap – Print the larger clocks several times.<br />
- You can say a time and the children pick either the word card or the clock that matches that time.<br />
- Play clock dominoes (analogue or digital – reinforce reading the time.<br />
Resources are editable and printable.<br />
You can combine this resource with Packs 1 and 2:<br />
Clocks from www.clker.com