This comprehensive bundle includes ready-to-teach NO PREP worksheets, teaching activities, revision guides, and sample exam papers for all of the 15 poems that need to be taught and included in the preparation for the** IGCSE English Literature exams in 2022-202**4. Specifically:
From Songs of Ourselves Volume 2, Part 4: Love, Age, and Wisdom, the following 15 poems:
- Elizabeth Thomas (‘Corinna’), ‘The Forsaken Wife’
- Philip Bourke Marston, ‘After’
- Algernon Charles Swinburne, ‘A Leave-Taking’
- Sir Thomas Wyatt, ‘I Find No Peace’
- James Joyce, ‘I Hear an Army’
- Charlotte Mew, ‘Rooms’
- Robert Browning, ‘Love in a Life’
- Lauris Edmond, ‘Waterfall’
- Mary Monck (‘Marinda’), ‘Verses Written on Her Death-bed at Bath to Her Husband in London’
- A. R. D. Fairburn, ‘Rhyme of the Dead Self’
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, ‘Stanzas Written in Dejection, Near Naples’
- Derek Walcott, ‘Nearing Forty’
- Elinor Morton Wylie, ‘Now Let No Charitable Hope’
- Alexander Pope, ‘From An Essay on Criticism’
- Henry Wotton, ‘The Character of a Happy Life’
Each worksheet includes the following:
1. Biography and introduction to the poet. with detailed context of composition, including contextual information, or explanation of additional, relevant terminology, literary concepts, movements, philosophies, etc., where necessary or appropriate.
2. Pre-reading activity to introduce the poem and unit, and/or to review key poetic devices and figurative language relevant to the poem.
3. The poem text with, line numbers and explanatory notes to facilitate a close-reading, and to explain unusual or difficult vocabulary and concepts. Illustrations and images further help clarify the use of terminology and phrases in the specific context of the poem.
4. Close-reading & analysis questions that allow your students to analyze poetic devices and dig deeper.
5. Additional essay questions (often from past IGCSE papers) and writing tasks to facilitate exam preparation.
6. Practice IGCSE Mock Exam Paper - For each poem, an IGCSE Paper 1: Poetry & Prose Practice Exam Paper that I created emulates the real IGCSE Paper 1 exam as closely as possible. Can be used with classes as exam practice, or independently, to emulate a mock exam. Is also suitable for A-LEVEL Exams!
7. Teacher’s Notes and Study Guide section, including answers for all activities and questions, as well as an analysis and a critical commentary of the poem, which can be used as a teacher’s guide or to help students in their revision for the exam.
Perfect for Distance Learning & Independent Study: As a stand-alone, comprehensive teaching unit with answers and a teaching guide, this is also perfect for distance learning or homeschool settings.
NB: This is a work in progress, and will be updated with additional materials at no extra charge!
Feedback is always appreciated!
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.