Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining – Human Resource is a lecture which is covered during Human Resource Management Module.
The main purpose of this lecture is to help you deal effectively with unions and grievances. After briefly discussing the history of the American labor movement, we describe the basic law, including unfair labor practices. We explain labor negotiations, including the union actions you can expect during the union campaign and election. And we explain what you can expect during the actual bargaining sessions, and how to handle grievances.
Some people call Costco “The Anti-Walmart,” because Costco treats its workers and unions so well. Whereas Walmart is known for difficult labor relations (it said, for instance, it was eliminating health insurance for future employees working under 24 hours per week), Costco actually keeps profits up in part with positive labor relations policies. We’ll see how they do it.
- Give a brief history of the American labor movement.
- Discuss the main features of at least three major pieces of labor legislation.
- Present examples of what to expect during the union drive and election.
- Illustrate with examples of bargaining that is not in good faith.
- Develop a grievance procedure.
- Describe a strategy for cooperative labor relations.
In this file you will find:
- 1 Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining Lecture Power Point Presentation
- 1 Guide file how to conduct Lecture
- 1 Test Bank with 110 different questions with full answer description and explanation
- 3 Case Studies with all answers to them
- 10 Interesting Discussion Questions and answers to them
- 1 Interesting Exercise
- 1 additional reading file about the lecture topic in order to enhance Lecturer/Teacher/Student knowledge
Once you will purchase this resource please leave a comment!