Intended to be printed and laminated for a wall display on literary devices. Uses examples from a lot of modern films (lots of Harry Potter!) to make explanations clear and relevant to pupils.
I hope it comes in handy.
These ‘Library Challenge’ cards were made for my class library, but they could be used in a school library as well. The idea was just to get the children excited about reading and properly engaged with the books, and they’ve really enjoyed working through the activities – an added bonus being that I use this work to decorate the walls of our library.
There’s a selection of 10 Library Challenge Cards, plus a ‘Library Challenge of the Week’ which just allows for changing things up a little without having to print and laminate more cards.
Spring /Easter Poetry Learning Intention : to compose Spring Poems/ Easter Poems
PowerPoint presentation which provides a stimulus for a variety of poetry forms- including acrostic style and free verse.
Some Spring poems to read, enjoy and perform.
Vocabulary and word wall is provided to stimulate composition .
In addition, some clip art and a few pro formas for 2nd draft display or publication.
I have included several slide files in the preview so teachers can peruse the resource more comprehensively.
Hope your learners enjoy composing Spring and Easter poems.
Many thanks for free use clip art provided by http://www.clipartlord.com
Ideal If you are leading on KS3 Curriculum development in your school (Especially good if you are new to post) add me on @thenortherner19
I have devised this curriculum which completely remodels our approach to assessment, planning, reporting, tracking and intervention at KS3. You will find enclosed my strategy for the implementation of this new KS3 curriculum. I have checker all resources and they should download well. Please contact me through tes chat if there is an issue.
1. A development plan for KS3 Curriculum, Literacy and Pupil Premium
2. An initial presentation made to teachers regarding the changes to the GCSE curriculum. supporting resources for this include:
- A timeline for Curriculum development
- Example of an agreed SoW format and lesson plan format to be used
- An example of grading criteria to be used in science each department devised their own grading criteria based on the Draft specifications at GCSE and their current knowledge. These grading criteria have been used to plan the assessments throughout KS3.
3. A KS3 development timeline
4. Presentation to parents explaining the new KS3 curriculum (this was extremely well received by parents)
5. A parental questionnaire that was used on the KS3 New curriculum information evening
6 A booklet to be shared with parents after launch, detailing the KS3 curriculum model (This is a good place to start reading on this strategy)
7 1-9 grade forecasts for all subjects. This has been used to set target grades for our pupils. We have used transition matrices to complete the flight paths to 9-1. Once the targets are in place you can enter the KS2 data into the spreadsheet to see how those forecasts will look in terms of a performance profile of each year group.
8. Please leave me some feedback