Whole lesson power point presentation and handout on talking about what music you listen to; giving opinions about music genres and singers.
Lesson activities include:
- Recapping simple opinions. Students translate into English
- Listening task: Students listen to eight people talking about the kind of music they listen to. They use the sentences in the speech bubbles to identify the speaker each time.
- Speaking task: Students conduct a survey of their classmates to find out about their music preferences. Ensure correct pronunciation of music genres first.
- Reading task: Students read the four texts about music preferences and find the corresponding French to the English phrases given.
- Listening task: Students listen to Élisa talking about her music preferences and fill in the gaps in the text given.
- Reading task: Students read a longer text where Valentin talks about music. They then read the six sentences in English and identify which three of them are correct.
- Writing task: Students produce an extended writing piece about their music preferences. They include genres they listen to as well as favourite singers and bands. Connectives and sentences starters are provided.
- Listening task: Students listen to and sing along to a song!
Suitable for KS2 and KS3 French teachers. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximise learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Studio 2 Vert Course.
In order to print the handouts ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper (unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).