A boon for all supply teachers. This pack gives you five complete writing lessons at your fingertips.
Suitable for KS2 classes and lower KS3.
The pack includes 5 complete PowerPoint writing lessons with additional teachers’ notes and resources:
- Tongue Twisters to Tickle the Tonsils - this complete PowerPoint lesson is designed to show the children how to deconstruct some common tongue twisters and create new ones of their own.
- Jabberwocky - Making Sense of Nonsense - this complete PowerPoint lesson takes the children through the first verse of Jabberwocky and gives them a strategy for turning this nonsense poem into one that makes sense - almost!
- Writing Kennings - a complete PowerPoint lesson. After watching an animated reading of a poem called ‘Kennings for Kevin’ the children are shown how to write their own kennings couplets.
- Re-writing Classic Poetry - this complete PowerPoint lesson shows the children how, armed with a pair of dice, they can re-write clasic poetry giving it a modern, if somewhat curious, slant.
- How To Write Homophone Riddles - in this complete PowerPoint lesson the children are introduced to the creature called Korb from the distant planet of SPaG. He shows them how to write teasing riddles using pairs of homophone words.
We hope you enjoy this resource and we would love some feedback.