This is great - I'm sure others have spotted this, but we went on to form:
Mulled (Glowing) wine
Which was a great way to finish! Thanks again!
Initially sceptical, I have since used this technique to very good effect in KS4 and KS5. It helps students to think in a more structured way about a topic. There is a template in both French and German here, with an example on Les Loisirs in French, with a blank spare for students to do their thinking on. Try it - it seems to work!
Lesson introducing rooms in the house, including a guessing-game for the starter, a match-up, a reading activity, battleships for speaking practice (handout version is already available on TES), a longer reading activity and an ongoing dictionary task as an extension activity. Successfully used as an interview lesson!
NEW GERMAN 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
This tracker will allow you to track attainment and progress of pupils of all abilities and uses the NEW KS2 assessments of SCALED SCORES
• 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
• If you use 1-9 GCSE grades with .1, .2 and .3 fine grades then this assessment tracker will work for you.
• This tracker will allow you to track 12 assessments throughout the year. The grades will average at the end and will give you a constant picture of the cohort performance.
• These figures can be periodically cut and paste into the tracker so that progress of the cohort.
• Included is also a target grade forecasting tool so you can graphically see how pupils are targeted and the expected flightpaths. All pupils have been given aspirational targets and this is what I have designed for use in my school
If you need to speak to me regarding how this works or how it can be modified then please contact me on Twitter @thenortherner19
This is a set of 8 question sheets that I like to use in German 2 or 3. Each sheet has 5 questions. First students have to translate the question and then they have to answer them.
After students ask and answer I go over their answer with them on the board. Finally, they practice rotating partners and asking their questions.
Format: Power Point- So you can personalize the questions, also PDF
In den Ferien
Essen und Trinken
Was man tun muss
Was man möchte