Perfect for English lessons, or as part of a literacy across the curriculum scheme, the VCOP lessons aim to build students' fundamental writing skills.<br />
Engaging, differentiated, and easily adaptable, this lesson aims to improve students' skills at using varied and appropriate sentence openers, following a logical learning journey to ensure that students learn in bite-size steps:<br />
- Defining the different words that they can use to vary how they open sentences;<br />
- Identifying varied openers in humorous writing examples;<br />
- Analysing varied openings in an interesting descriptive passage;<br />
- Creating a descriptive piece, using varied sentence openers;<br />
- Peer or self evaluating the effectiveness of their varied sentence openers.<br />
Resources, worksheets, and a lesson plan are provided.<br />
This resource can either be bought alone, or as part of a VCOP bundle (see resource VCOP - All lessons & scheme - vocabulary, connectives, openers, punctuation) for just £1 more.
<p>A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.</p>
This simple sheet helps parents of young learners pronounce each phoneme.<br />
This resource can easily be edited to meet the needs of your parents.<br />
It will help parents teach their young learners correctly at home.<br />
In the past, I have given this sheet out to Reception and year 1 parents to enable them to support their children.<br />
Can be used with new staff too!<br />
Can be used to support PHONIC SCREENINNG preparation.