Perfect for English lessons, or as part of a literacy across the curriculum scheme, the VCOP lessons aim to build students' fundamental writing skills.
Engaging, differentiated, and easily adaptable, this lesson aims to improve students' skills at using varied and appropriate sentence openers, following a logical learning journey to ensure that students learn in bite-size steps:
- Defining the different words that they can use to vary how they open sentences;
- Identifying varied openers in humorous writing examples;
- Analysing varied openings in an interesting descriptive passage;
- Creating a descriptive piece, using varied sentence openers;
- Peer or self evaluating the effectiveness of their varied sentence openers.
Resources, worksheets, and a lesson plan are provided.
This resource can either be bought alone, or as part of a VCOP bundle (see resource VCOP - All lessons & scheme - vocabulary, connectives, openers, punctuation) for just £1 more.
A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.
Four worksheets included:
clockwise clues (contains more complex words)
crossword with wordbank answers.
Useful for extending vocabulary for KS1, lower ability KS2 and SEN.