• Students have to completed a quartered placemat about what characteristics make a good monarch.
• Introduce the figure of Edward the Confessor. Explain to students that Edward had all the qualities of a good monarch, but that he also had a few major problems...
• Students are to learn about four problems England faced as a result of Edward: they will have to make notes on whiteboards, and then explain in their exercise books.
• Introduce the four claimants competing for the English throne.
• Students will have to learn about these claimants by completing a worksheet using information cards on their desk. They will be thinking about why each should (and should not) be King of England, and then rating them in terms of how good a choice they would be.
• Post-it note review whereby students write a brief explanation as to who they think would be the best choice as King of England. They stick these up on the board.
• Students can now pair up to debate who would be the best choice, using a speaking frame, and thus developing their arguement skills.
• Three worksheets for students to complete about the claimants to the throne. One for LA, MA and HA students, with the same outcome. Weaker students have keywords provided, more able students need to explain in further detail.
• Teacher circulation during worksheet activity to check understanding.
• Pick on pairs to perform their debate/discussion at end of lesson
A group/market place task where pupils have to give a "job interview" (of sorts) to the three main candidates to replace Edward the Confessor.
Elements of LNF evident.
Pupil then make a decision as to who was the best candidate. They show their knowledge and understanding via a PEEL writing tasks.
I used 2 lessons for this. They worked in groups of four with 2 people on the script, 1 on the poster and 1 on the leaflet.\nThe circle is for the second lesson where groups perform. Each person has a partner in another group to assess. As a class we decide what we need to assess and record 1 thing per segment. They colour in as much of the segment as they think e.g. if the segment is 'loud clear voice' and their person is loud and clear they should colour in the whole segment, if they are mumbling they would only colour in a little bit. I then got them to set targets for their peer.
It's always nice to give your students something Christmassy to work towards as it gets closer. I've updated this resource due to it's popularity. This 10 page booklet can be printed in colour or black and white. Students can work through the different activities suggested in one go or once a week. I've used these resources with different ages but it would work best for lower secondary or primary school. The resources tell the Christmas story, look into traditions today and explore how Christmas was celebrated in the Tudor and Medieval period. The additional Powerpoint may also be used for other activites. Comments are appreciated. Images acquired through a search engine filtered to "labelled for reuse".
Extensive pack for OCR History GCSE. I have also included an analysis tracker using the new scaled score from KS2 as well as some generic AfL activities. Please add me on Twitter @thenortherner19 if you wish to make contact with me
GCSE HISTORY AMERICAN WEST COMPLETE REVISION PACK
GCSE HISTORY COMPLETE REVISION MATERIALS
GCSE revision for Modern World History B (OCR).
HISTORY 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
HISTORY GCSE EDEXCEL COMPLETE REVISION PACK - differentiated for grade C and A
HISTORY TRACKING SHEET KS3 (STAFF TRAINING + ANALYSIS TOOLS and closing the Gap analysis tools)
NEW History 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
OCR GCSE History A COMPLETE REVISION MATERIALS FOR ANCIENT CIVILISATIONS (A951/ A952)
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) Ancient Civilizations (GREEK) for the OCR
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) Ancient Civilizations (ROMAN)
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) FIGHTING DISEASE
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) Nazi Germany and Exams tips
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) PUBLIC HEALTH
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) RENAISSANCE for the OCR GCSE History A
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) SURGERY
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) The middle Ages for the OCR GCSE History A
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) THE MODERN WORLD
OCR GCSE History A Specification (COMPLETE REVISION PACK) WOMEN/WAR AND MEDICINE
OCR History A GCSE History Medicine Through time REVISION
Create lessons in seconds with this HUGE PowerPoint of animated lesson activities.
There are HUNDREDS of templates that you can over-type in seconds to create engaging lesson material.
Highly praised by John Simpkin of Spartacus Educational and Mark Warner of Teaching Ideas.
I am very confident you will like this. If you do, please click on my profile to see my other popular resources. Thanks
(This file also has a bank of PowerPoint timers - it's the most useful planning tool ever!) The size of the file should show you how much stuff there is! Without sounding overly confident - it's the best resource out there!
NOTE: Following its success in the summer sale, I have decided to keep the sale price - so grab a bargain! Used to be £5. Many thanks.