Are you looking for fun ideas for the first weeks back at school to help your students get to know each other and get back into the swing of speaking French? This is a bundle of my 9 favorite resources that I've created over the years specifically for that reason! These speaking activities, games and listening comprehension activities will start off the year in French with a bang and get your students motivated while having loads of fun. You're going to love hearing your students speaking French together.
Two of the resources included are specific to back to school time while the other seven can be used year round. You can use them at all levels in the classroom as well as with your school's French club when you're looking for a fun activity to get them speaking French or for long bus rides on school sponsored trips. These are wonderful activities either for French immersion or French as a second language programs.
I recommend printing, laminating, cutting out, punching holes and attaching the cards together with a ring for NO PREP activities for years to come, and for the 100 French speaking activity worksheets I've found that it is best to print them all out and keep them in a binder for easy access when you need to make photocopies.
Here's another idea for back to school...Have your studentstake an online test to see what their current level is in French!
Here's what's included in this money saving bundle. Just click on the links to see more in depth product descriptions:
50 vrai ou faux French questions
- Use these cards for partnered speaking practice. Answers are included. If a student believes the statement to be true he says so. If he believes it to be false he has to try and correct it. The statements are mostly based on general knowledge and are a wonderful way to increase vocabulary and fluency.
Qu'est-ce que tu préférerais - "I'd rather" French speaking cards
- This is a set of 75 cards that you can use to practice the conditional even with students who haven't yet learned it! A fantastic resource for building vocabulary and generating conversation.
French trivia game
- Your students will LOVE this trivia game. There is a version only in French and one in both English and French for beginner students. I've included many ways that you can use these cards including a powerpoint version so that you can do a class activity.
Je n'ai jamais - "I've never" French speaking game
- This "I've never" game is a great ice-breaker and students will find out a lot about each other (in French) while playing. There's a French only version as well as a French - English version included.
120 French conversation starter cards
- These cards are perfect for beginner to advanced students. Shuffle through the cards to pick out which are right for the level you're teaching. Use them throughout the year(s) as your students learn more.
Classic French taboo speaking game
- My all time favorite game for increasing fluency at ANY level - FRENCH TABOO!! All game cards are in French and English so your students will learn tons of new vocabulary. Beginner and advanced playing instructions are included.
Babar - La Rentrée des Classes - Listening comprehension
- This listening comprehension activity will work at any level, but especially from year 2 and up. All 45 questions have multiple choice answers and are in chronological order. The video link included is on YouTube.
25 questions pour faire parler à la rentrée
- Just perfect for back to school, these 25 questions will have your students talking to each other about summer break and expectations for the new school year.
100 French worksheets for group speaking activities - 100 vocabulary themes
Fantastic for any time of the year, these 100 one page worksheets will have your students speaking about just anything you can imagine. It's a great way to review and reinforce vocabulary. Instructions are included which explain my favorite ways to use these worksheets.