This resource comes with the following:
• resource summary and suggested uses
• dyslexia-friendly PowerPoint introducing basic quantities and packaging in French. Also provided is an example dialogue of a simple market role play with audio to support non-language specialists
• clear vocabulary list with the dialogue from the PowerPoint
• high quality, illustrated flashcards of basic quantities and packaging
• basic quantities and packaging matching cards
1. Introduce basic quantities and packaging with either the PowerPoint or the flashcards.
2. Play games using the flashcards to reinforce the vocabulary (guessing games, chanting, corners, etc.)
3. The matching activity can be used to support weaker pupils as each pair of cards has a unique edge to facilitate the matching.
4. Act out the role play from the PowerPoint with another member of staff and get pupils to guess what each part means.
5. If suitable for the age and stage, provide pupils with the vocabulary. Practise pronunciation.
6. Pupils either act out the dialogue provided or create their own.
• Pupils make their own food items to buy.
• Get pupils to dress up, act out and film the role plays.
• Pupils create their own pairs games, increasing the vocabulary covered (e.g. a packet of biscuits/pasta etc.)
• Include numeracy by:
> making your own euros for pupils to use and correctly exchange.
For more French and Spanish resources visit lovelanguage.