This bundles contains a series of differentiated worksheets (and answers) that follow the concrete, pictorial and abstract method for maths mastery. They also include reasoning and problem-solving tasks.
All worksheets link to the last 4 small steps for year 4, Spring, block 1 Multiplication, and Division.
WRM Small Steps:
- Multiply 3-digits by 1-digit
- Divide 2-digits by 1-digit (1)
- Divide 2-digits by 1-digit (2)
- Correspondence problems
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for multiplication tables up to 12 ×12.
- Use place value, known and derived facts to multiply and divide mentally, including: multiplying by 0 and 1; dividing by 1; multiplying together three numbers.
- Recognise and use factor pairs and commutativity in mental calculations.
-Solve problems involving multiplying
and adding, including using the
distributive law to multiply two digit
numbers by one digit, integer scaling
problems and harder correspondence problems such as n objects are connected to m objects.
Australian Curriculum links:
-Represent and solve problems involving multiplication using efficient mental and written strategies and appropriate digital technologies (ACMNA057)
-Recall multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division facts (ACMNA056)
- Understanding includes connecting names, numerals, and quantities.
- Fluency includes readily counting numbers in sequences, continuing patterns and comparing the lengths of objects.
- Problem-solving includes using materials to model authentic problems, sorting objects, using familiar counting sequences to solve unfamiliar problems and discussing the reasonableness of the answer.
- Reasoning includes explaining comparisons of quantities, creating patterns and explaining processes for indirect comparison of length.
I hope you find these useful,
Your feedback is always welcome x