This resource links to Spring Block 1 (week 3) Small step - Correspondence Problems.
This pack contains differentiated worksheets (and answers) that follow the concrete, pictorial and abstract method for maths mastery. They also include reasoning and problem-solving.
Curriculum links for UK:
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for multiplication tables up to 12 ×12.
- Use place value, known and derived facts to multiply and divide mentally, including multiplying by 0 and 1; dividing by 1; multiplying together three numbers.
- Recognise and use factor pairs and commutativity in mental calculations.
-Solve problems involving multiplying and adding, including using the
distributive law to multiply two digit numbers by one digit, integer scaling
problems and harder correspondence problems such as n objects are connected to m objects.
Australian Curriculum links:
-Represent and solve problems involving multiplication using efficient mental and written strategies and appropriate digital technologies (ACMNA057)
-Recall multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division facts (ACMNA056)
- Understanding includes connecting names, numerals, and quantities.
- Fluency includes readily counting numbers in sequences, continuing patterns and comparing the lengths of objects.
- Problem-solving includes using materials to model authentic problems, sorting objects, using familiar counting sequences to solve unfamiliar problems and discussing the reasonableness of the answer.
- Reasoning includes explaining comparisons of quantities, creating patterns and explaining processes for indirect comparison of length.
I hope you find these useful,
Your feedback is always welcome x