HOMOPHONES YOU'RE, YOUR, IT'S, ITS, THEY’RE, THEIR, THERE
* These homophones are constantly being misused by our students (and adults as well).
* These 4 printable worksheets will help students "see" when to use these words correctly. The context clues within each sentence will help them choose their answers - great chance for class discussion.
* Page 1... is all on "its and it's" - students must choose the correct "its or it's" according to the context clues within each sentence;
* Page 2... is all on "your and you're"; students must fill in the blanks with the correct spelling of "your or you're" again using context clues to help them; class discussion;
* Pages 3 and 4 - 20 sentences on "their, they're and there" show students when to use the correct word appropriately. Some sentences have more than one blank to fill in.
* Of course SPELLING counts as they must write the CORRECT word in the blanks.
* MAKE THE KIDS THINK!
Copyright© 2017 David Filipek
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Some graphics provided by My Cute Graphics. Their website is: http://www.mycutegraphics.com/