Speed up your Language Paper feedback. I use this for all year groups (from 7 to 11) - yes, you heard that right: we're expected to test even year 7 at GCSE level. This makes me more efficient and more effective in determining marks.
Take all the stress out of marking mock papers with your classes, with this comprehensive excel spreadsheet and MailMerge word documents. Works for Paper 1 and 2. This is based upon the mark scheme and provides a breakdown of a student's current strengths and weaknesses
Spreadsheet for inputting student marks question by question. Two separate Mailmerge Documents to provide targeted feedback.
1) Student Worksheet: a) input Student names, b) input P1Q1 and P2Q1, c) set threshold value for expected age range target
2) P1Q2, Q3, Q4 & P2Q2, Q3 and Q4 and P1Q5 & P2Q5 (Technical Accuracy): a) input the levels (1-4) for each skills descriptor, b) where you feel this provides an incorrect mark, provide your own in column B
3) P1Q5 & P2Q5 (Content And Organisation): a) input the levels (1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b) for each skills descriptor, b) where you feel this provides an incorrect mark, provide your own in column B
4) Save and close
5) Load either of the Mailmerge documents, begin Word Mailmerge and select the appropriate worksheet from the spreadsheet for either Paper 1 or Paper 2
6) Print double-sided targeted feedback for each student