An in-depth revision guide (66 pages) specifically created and tailored towards the 2018 AQA GCSE Media Studies Unit 1 Exam: Serial Television Drama. This revision guide contains a great deal of detail and includes a wide range of revision activities. It can be reproduced and given to students along with the AQA preliminary material in order to maximise their preparation for the exam.
This 66-page revision guide includes includes:
* Exam guidance, hints and tips
* A list of 94 currently-broadcast or recently-concluded television serial dramas, covering a wide range of genres and channels to guide students' independent viewing
* The history of serial television drama - origins, evolution and longevity
* Serial television drama genres - action, adventure, biographical, comedy, crime, fantasy, historical, horror, musical, political, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, supernatural, thriller, western
* Serial television drama genre codes and conventions
* Serial television drama audiences and gratifications, linked to example series
* Serial television drama broadcast scheduling, linked to example series
* Vladamir Propp's Character Theory - linked to serial television dramas
* Representations in serial television dramas - people, places, ideas and societies
* Marketing a game show - advertising techniques (print, audio-visual, new media)
* Serial television drama BBFC age certifications
* 3 in-depth case studies to complete - 'Stranger Things'; 'Peaky Blinders'; 'The 100'
* Analysing DVD packages - 'Defiance'
* Analysing publicity posters/billboards - 'Game of Thrones'
* Analysing trailers/commercials (student choice)
* Analysing official webpages - 'Once Upon a Time'
* Creating an original serial television drama - writing a pitch and planning the show (scheduling, plot, setting, characters, actors, pilot episode)
* Creating a publicity poster/billboard, trailer/commercial, opening credits, webpage
* Utilising new media as a marketing tool - apps, mobile games, streaming, social networking
* Exam questions - common mistakes
* 4 practise exam questions based on previous AQA exams
* Terminology glossay appropriate to television game shows
PLEASE NOTE: The preview of the resource is not auto-generating, which TES states is a site-wide issue. I have therefore also uploaded several screenshots of sample pages in the meantime.