This item is a resource package, which consists of a 17 page interactive student booklet for the BTEC Health and Social Care Level 3 Unit 3 Anatomy and Physiology B3 Respiratory system and dysfunctions. The booklet can be added to or altered to suit your teaching style.
Along with this, is the eight engaging PowerPoints and additional work sheet tasks and activities that go with it.
PowerPoints are well designed and have embedded videos in them, with booklet pages for students to make notes and example of possible exam questions that may be asked. There is a practice exam paper for the respiratory part of the spec with some cardiovascular thrown in. The mark scheme to accompany this is simplified and will lend itself to peer marking, to cut down on your time.
Below is the spec detail, this package covers…
B3 The structure, function and main disorders of the respiratory system;
• the role of air passages in nose
• the structure and functions of pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, lungs, pleural membrane, bronchial tree
• the structure and function of the alveoli and the gaseous exchange
• the role of ciliated epithelial tissue
• respiratory muscles – intercostal muscles, diaphragm
• ventilation regulation, gaseous exchange, diffusion
Respiratory System Disorders: symptoms, causes, impact, treatment
• Smoking Related complications
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
• Peak Flow
• Chest X-ray
• Sputum testing
Teaching is a tough enough job as it is so make your life easier with this complete B3 teaching package… There are other resources packages covering the whole Unit 3 spec, with student interactive booklets and the accompanying PowerPoints… we’re all in it together!
Follow me on TES to get notifications when I add new resources and to find all my resources in one place, with a handy search facility,to save on time = https://www.tes.com/member/HSCresources