Whole lesson power point presentation and handout on describing clothes using colours; using the verb llevar in the present and near future tenses; using demonstrative adjectives.
Lesson activities include:
- Recapping present tense verb conjugations. Students then conjugate the verb ‘llevar’ for all subjects.
- Introducing a range of vocabulary related to items of clothing.
- Slide with pictures of clothes suitable for pronunciation reinforcement or games (beat the teacher; swat the picture; ‘psychic’ game, etc.)
- Reading task: Students match the clothes’ vocabulary from the previous tasks to the correct pictures.
- Introducing a range of vocabulary related to colours.
- Reading task: Students translate colours into English. A table is provided with the masculine, feminine, singular and plural forms.
- Flash game: Colours flash on the board one by one (when clicked). Encourage students to work in pairs or teams to correctly identify the colour from memory. Extra points can be awarded if the colour is used to describe an item of clothing.
- Reading task: Students write the correct colour to describe the items of clothing previously learned in the lesson. They take into account whether the noun is masculine, feminine, singular or plural.
- Listening task: Students listen to six people answering the question ¿Qué llevas normalmente los fines de semana? and note down the letters which match the correct items of clothing images.
- Speaking task: Students carry out a survey of at least 6 classmates asking and answering the question ¿Qué llevas normalmente los fines de semana?. They note down their answers in Spanish.
- Recapping the near future tense. Students then conjugate a series of verbs in the first, second and third person singular (yo, tú & ‘it’) as well as the first person plural (nosotros).
- Listening task: Students listen to four people answering questions about where they are going and what they are going to wear. They note down the details (including colours) in English.
- Grammar point: introducing demonstrative adjectives – este, esta, estos & estas. Students translate an example of each which uses clothing vocabulary.
- Reading task: Students read a text where someone talks about what they are going to wear to a party. The fill in the gaps with the correct demonstrative adjectives, according to the clothing nouns.
- Speaking task: Working in pairs, students ask and answer the questions ¿Vas a salir esta noche? and ¿Qué vas a llevar?, using four sets of pictures provided as prompts.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper (unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).